PhD Research Students Supervision
I am interesed to supervise the following PhD topics:
- Timing assurance of CPU-GPU hetergeneous platform;
- Task scheduling and assurance of autonomous driving systems;
- Inteference and contention analysis of multi-cores;
- Multi-agent systems scheduling, management and coordination;
- Scheduling of ROS 2 (Robot Operating System).
Current PhD students:
- Zou Jie, Resource Efficient Real-Time Scheduling for Autonomous Driving Systems, co-supervised with John McDermid (2019-2022)
Please be aware that, by the university policy, I am only able to co-supervise PhD students with a primary supervisor in place who is a permanent university staff (with title Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader/Processor). Please do submit PhD applications to the primary supervisor but include me if you want my co-surpervision. I am happy to give more information on request.
MSc Research Projects
- Zhijian Wang, Priority Assignment Algorithms in Multiprocessor Real-Time Systems with Shared Resources (2021)
- Zixun Yu, Smart Intersection Control with Back-Pressure Algorithms, co-supervised (2021)
Undergraduate Final Year Projects
- Dean Kenny, Simulating and Improving the Scheduling in Time-Sensitive Networks (2021)
- Jay Brooks, Large Scale Scheduling of Time Sensitive Networks, co-supervised (2021)